Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Rhino Principle

A Rare Black Rhinoceros On Display At Taronga Zoo


I read this article a long time ago, but it has stayed with me. I can be indecisive, a perfectionist, and I get distracted way too easily. I have often thought of the Rhino Principle when I am confronted by things that are overwhelming or that I just do not want to do. When I was in school I always needed a deadline and I would wait until the last minute to do something because it had to be finished. Now that my life does not function on deadlines I have to muster up some sort of self-motivation. The visual of a Rhino charging and of charging until it is finished seems to work for me. I found the article online so I thought I would share . . .

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2006/0130/031.html

No comments: