Thursday, November 19, 2009

Concerts

By the time I went to college, I think I had only been to two concerts . . . Shania Twain and Jewel. I went to a couple of concerts in college (only because my cousin/roommate, Nicole, loved concerts and made sure to find any thing going on in Utah). When I moved to LA I was not on a student budget and had scores of concerts accessible to me, so I was finally able to go a lot. It was the perfect storm.

My Top Five Favorite Concerts So Far
1. Beck at Gibson Theatre on his Guero tour (I liked it so much, I went back the next night. The concert was so fun and creative. I still love that album.)
2. Madonna at the Forum on her Confessions tour (Megan and I went to this concert together and we had such a great time. It was so upbeat and fun. The best part was the roller skaters dancing and skating all over the stage.)
3. Muse at the Forum (I didn't even know their music super well, but they put on a great show.)
4. Shakira at the Staples Center (Nicole and I went and we were so high up. We were both getting dizzy, but once Shakira was on the stage I was totally hypnotized by her dance moves. We love Shakira in my family and it was a dream come true to see her perform. Wyclef performed with her for a little as well.)
5. Aimee Mann at the House of Blues (She was such a great live performer)

Honorable mentions: Sia, David Grey, Swell Season, Block Party, Format, and Rattatat. (I'm sure I'm missing some, but these are the first ones that come to mind.)

I would still love to see Amy Winehouse (on a good night), Wilco, Fugees, Justine Timberlake and of course Michael Jackson (so sad)! My mom likes to rub it in that she has seen him perform.

3 comments:

Nate and Nicole said...

What about Tom Petty?

Or John Mayer/Maroon 5 in DC?

And didn't you come with me to a LL Cool J concert at the House of Blues? Quality. :) Ha.

Shakira was awesome. I would LOVE to see her in a smaller venue.

I do have some suggestions though for other names to add to your list of people/bands to see at some point...

kirsten said...

Totally forgot about Tom Petty. That was a fun one! LL Cool J was definitely memorable. I don't think I will ever forget that one. I'll have to get your list some time.

anne said...

hey, hey--- didn't know you were updating this blog. glad i'm in on the secret now.

oh and Maroon 5/oar in that tiny club in salt lake too...