Friday, November 13, 2009

Lemonade

My friend Sara Jensen made this at one of her cooking classes and I loved it. Michael is a big lemonade fan and loves it when my parents use fresh squeezed lemons off their tree. I made it last week with pizza thinking Michael was going to be so excited. Instead he went to fridge for a Pepsi. = )

It was so delicious that I made it twice over the weekend. I made a smaller batch than her original recipe. Here is my version . . .

Fresh-Squeezed Frothy Lemonade

1 cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
2 cups skim milk
2 cups club soda

Juice the lemons, add sugar and mix well until sugar dissolves. Add milk and mix well. Add the club soda and pour over ice. Garnish with sliced lemons and a sprig of fresh mint. Add more sugar or lemons to taste if desired.

2 comments:

Nate and Nicole said...

Look at you blogging! What's with the sudden resurgence? Not that I'm complaining -- I love it. Although, I'm not sure I would love milk in lemonade?! What?! Nate's a lemonade devotee, so I just might have to try it though I am skeptical...

kirsten said...

It's so good. It's frothy and it has a little carbonation.

As for the resurgence . . . I guess I just have to make up for lost time. = )