Wednesday, March 10, 2010

There's a Nightmare In My Closet

Last night I woke up to our bathroom light on and Michael walking around. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was looking for some jewelry that was dropped. I asked him whose jewelry it was since he does not wear jewelry. He explained that it was someone else's and apologized for having the light on.

Last week we had two other episodes of sleep walking. The first was waking up to him standing by my side of the bed with his bedside books and placing them on my nightstand. He then told me that's where they go now.

The other episode was when I woke up to him standing over my dresser and I asked him what he was doing . . . (I didn't want him to break our glass vase or picture frames). He responded "What are you doing?" I then asked him if he was dreaming and he responded with "Are you dreaming?"*

*Michael loves to ask questions back when he is asked a question. We watched Madea Goes to Jail with his parents and we all starting cracking up at the dialogue between Madea and Dr. Phil in the movie because it was a little too similar with conversations we've had with Michael. When I told Michael about it in the morning he thought it was so cool that he did it in his sleep too.

So I've started thinking/freaking out about what to do with a baby and a sleepwalking husband. He had been sleeping soundly for awhile, but sure enough this week we had a lot of activity going on. At least he's just been tidying up and looking for jewelry . . . but I'm still not sure I'd trust him with a baby at night. Am I going to get any sleep?

3 comments:

Leah said...

Hey, quit dogging on Michael..he can't help it and you never know, maybe he'll feed the baby in his sleep and you won't even know...then you'll be getting really good sleep at night!!! Those are some pretty funny stories though!!! I love that he acts just like himself in his sleep

HADDOCK said...

Thanks for the laugh!! too funny!

Johnny & Alli said...

I was laughing SO hard when I read this post!

It reminded me of our college days at BYU and I would wake up to banging in his bedroom across the hall. I would walk in and picture frames would be off the wall and Michael would be wrestling with his blanket. I would ask, "What are you doing?" and he would say, "There's a snake in my bed!"...

I would laugh all night!