Sunday, March 14, 2010

Monica's Wedding

Cute Haley

Michael and my dad



Haley and Michael
Haley and Megan

Michael with his Uncle Robert

Megan, Kiersten, and Jonah (who had to be bribed with a cupcake to take a picture)

Haley offering Elena (aka Snow White) an apple

The bride

We had a great time visiting my family this weekend and going to Monica’s wedding. On our way down we were finally able to get CafĂ© Rio. I had been looking forward to it for a long time. It took me about 45 minutes to eat the salad because I was savoring every bite.

On Saturday morning we were about to head out to the temple for my cousin’s wedding and Michael realized his wallet was missing, which had his temple recommend in it. We helped him look, but then had to leave him so we would not miss the ceremony. (Recently Michael lost his keys when we were about to head back to our place from Modesto and we looked for them for an hour.) When we were about to go into the temple Michael called because he had found his wallet upstairs in my parent’s bedroom on the floor. We had not even gone upstairs since coming into town. Turns out our sweet dog Bella had taken his leather wallet upstairs to chew and had left it there. Michael rushed down to La Jolla and just barely missed the wedding.
We had a great time at the reception with cousins and family friends. It was so fun to grow up close to my cousins on my dad’s side. We also missed having Kelsea home with everyone.

Before we headed out on Sunday we got to hear Evan speak at his sacrament meeting on Sunday afternoon and see the army of children in their ward. I always get sad leaving my family/San Diego and doing the drive back to L.A. Getting settled into our apartment before starting the work week helps soften the blow.

No comments: