Friday, March 19, 2010

Lose the Glasses

Before I got married I quit my job, moved home, and babysat while planning our wedding. I used to pick up my sweet little buddy Brendan from his first grade class. One day my eyes were bothering me and I wore my glasses to pick him up. I pulled up to the curb and he skeptically got in the car. He told me he could hardly recognize me.

He then said "Lose the glasses."
K: "No, I won't be able to see well. Put your seatbelt on."
B: "I'll put my seatbelt on if you take off your glasses."

A few days later I once again picked him up with the glasses and as soon as he got into the car he said . . .

B: "Don't you remember what I told you about your glasses?"
K: "Yes, you don't really like them."
B: "When did you get glasses?"
K: "I got them in college. I was in a class and the teacher asked me to read some thing on the board and I couldn't read it. Everyone else could."

He was quiet for a little bit and then he asked me "Were you ugly in college?"

3 comments:

Nate and Nicole said...

That is hilarious.

anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anne said...

Yes, hilarious. Sometimes I wonder if Lucy gets confused by my glasses.