Friday, December 11, 2009

Mouths

Michael has a strange fascination with people we know and their mouths . . . particularly mine and my family. It must have to do with some sort of interest in my genes. He loves to talk about it over lunch or just bring it up randomly into conversations.

Michael just finished up his finals this week and last night I woke up to Michael standing besides the bed. I asked him what he was doing. He played it off like what he was doing was perfectly normal. I wanted to get him back in bed and back to sleeping. I started asking him questions and tried to talk him out of standing beside the bed. I was half-awake and only remember him starting to talk about dental terms. He said something about my dad and an RPD (removable partial denture).

I fell back asleep after the first episode. Later on Michael woke me because he was talking to me. He said "It's weird you do not think your dad needs an RPD." I asked him "Why do you think my dad needed an RPD?" A few seconds later he replied with "Why do you keep waking me up?" I finally went back to sleep.

I think I need to have a name for Michael’s second personality when he sleeps.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm not sure what an RPD entails, but I'm sure Dad needs it