Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hospital Visit


Round 3 of hospital visits this year for us. Michael ended up being there six days and they are still not sure what it is. At least this time it did not end in surgery. June has also coordinated her ear infections with his hospital visits. The stress resulted in the biggest cold sore I have ever had. It was really bad. When June went to visit Michael in the hospital she started licking everything in the room. We finally left when she went face down on the floor and started licking the ground. It has been an interesting year for us, but the up side is I now enjoy Eminem and Elton John's music. Who knew I would come around? 

It looks like June is going to have curly hair and I have no idea how to do it. Any tips? 

4 comments:

About us said...

Oh no! I hope that your hubby gets better! And that the doctors can figure out what's been going on. June is a cutie! Jane's hair is similar to June's :) I just put a clippy in the front to keep it from going into her eyes, and the let the curls do their thing. It's pointless for me to try and do anything else. I've also tried doing a front braid instead of a clippy & that's cute too.

The Daniels said...

Poor Michael and poor you! I would be so stressed out that my face would turn into a giant zit!

I'm kind of at a loss with curly baby hair, too. One thing that actually works is mousse. Put a little in when it is wet and scrunch it. Leave it alone until it is dry, then scrunch it again to get the crustiness out. For some reason, mousse works well with baby hair. I also sometimes just leave the conditioner in and use that instead of mousse. When she gets older, you need to read "The Curly Girl" book. It's my bible. Sulfate-free shampoos are also a necessity when she is older.

Lorraine said...

OH man, I'm so sorry. You guys have been through a lot this year. Hang in there.

Elton John and Eminem, huh? Yikes.

Laurel said...

That is awful! Awful that he was in the hospital and awful that you got a terrible cold sore. Hopefully things are going much smoother now and everyone is healthy.