Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mary Poppins

My mom took Kelsea and me to see Mary Poppins tonight. It was a lot of fun. I loved musicals when I was a kid and I still love the music. I remember the first time I saw Seven Brides for Seven Brothers with my cousins at my grandma's house. It blew my mind. Once we had our own copy at home I pretended t0 be sick so I could miss school and practice the dance moves from the barnyard dance. Unfortunately it was a little to advanced for me and some of the moves were difficult without a partner.

I also love Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Music Man, and Oklahoma. I saw a lot of them for the first time at my grandma's house on her beta player. Bev introduced Calvin to Seven Brides for Seven Brothers recently and the only part he requests to watch on repeat is the barnyard fight. I hope these movies don't feel too dated for our kids to enjoy.

1 comment:

jean13i said...

We're seeing Oklahoma tonight!

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is still one of my very favorites.