Sunday, April 4, 2010

Janae's Shower

Me, Janae, Nicole

The last Saturday in March I went down to Orange County to go to my friend Janae's baby shower. Janae is due April 26th and Nicole and I are due in June. We are all having girls.

After the shower I got Cafe Rio with my mom and then went to go see my grandma. My mom warned me that they had visited her earlier that day and Megan was pretty upset. I was able to spend about an hour with her and I cried most of the time I was with her. It was the worst feeling to see her suffer discomfort. She was unable to speak, but would try to talk to me. I was able to hold her hand and just be with her. I then cried my whole drive home. It was too much to see your grandma so sick with a baby in your belly. On Monday the nurse told my mom she only had a few more days and then she passed away a couple of hours later. We feel so grateful we were able to see her before she passed. She was the kindest person I have ever met and she will be missed.

No comments: