Friday, November 11, 2011

Utah




June with Ginger (Alison's daughter)


Halloween weekend June and I went out to Utah to meet up with my mom and two of my sisters. I haven't had much of a reason to go back to Utah since there is now a Cafe Rio in California and one close to where we live, but my mom thought it would be fun to meet up for the Women in Business conference (http://marriottschool.byu.edu/conferences/wibc/) they were starting at BYU. It was the first year and it was great. I enjoyed it way more than I expected and we all left inspired by all the different life stories. I also got to see Elise and her two girls as well as Megan's sister-in-laws Alison and Andrea. It was fun to see how much BYU has changed. I remember when I went to my freshman year of college I only knew a few people at the school and it was always strange walking around campus and not knowing anyone. I was always so happy when I ran into someone I knew. By the end of my college days it was hard to not spot a familiar face when on campus. It's a good reminder since moving to Colorado and feeling anonymous once again. We had a great time and June loved seeing her aunts and grandma.

No comments: