Thursday, July 7, 2011

To Live and Die in LA


It’s official . . . we no longer live in LA. Our lease ended and we moved out of our apartment. We loaded up a POD with most of our belongings and are now enjoying time with family. It was a crazy few weeks trying to get everything together to put into storage while little June tried to unpack my packing. Luckily we had lots of help from family and friends. We had to leave our POD out one night, which was a little nerve racking considering all our great luck with break-ins, but our things survived the night out on the streets.

I’ve been very sentimental about leaving LA. Despite all its shortcomings, particularly in downtown LA, I’ve really loved living here. I can’t believe it’s been over 7 years. I love big cities, I love all the people, the craziness/excitement, the food, the nooks and crannies, and I’ve really loved LA. Every day I would discover some thing new yet it also holds so many memories for me.

Growing up we would drive up to my grandpa’s house and the exit was Sunset off of the 405. Ironically when I moved to LA after graduating college I ended up living on the same street that my grandparents’ house was on near the preschool I went to. Not only that, but I found an amazing job blocks from where I lived after I moved into my apartment. Most of my life here was serendipitous like that.

So many places here hold a memory for me. It has been a really wonderful chapter in my life. Most of my good friends have left the city and all gone their different ways . .. but it’s still pretty difficult to leave. I feel so lucky to have lived here and to have so many great times. I will miss this place.

No comments: